- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to establish a critical understanding of advanced acting skills, knowledge and practices while developing the ability to critically evaluate their own work and that of others. This course focusses on the intergration of techniques into all acting work.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme or the Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: PASA6216 and PASA6212. Restriction: PASA6231.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Additional dialogue recording Advanced body and mind connection Advanced movement for actors Advanced physical expression and musicality Advanced stage movement
Advanced stage combat Auditioning Containing and maintaining energy Digital technologies Exploration of self and creativity
Film making processes Performance Technologies Period movement Preparing for a role Principals of creative expression
Rehearsal techniques Relationships with director and other personnel Screen acting Screen narrative Self-criticism and self-improvement Taking direction
Text analysis Voice over
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes Collaborative learning and project environments
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures & on-line blog/journal
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Formal reflection, class forum and survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|Monday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Studio||Monday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
|Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (006-2057)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Acting for Screen and Theatre), Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.