- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- This course offers an introductory overview of professional practice skills knowledge and values focusing on preparing for practice. It will enable students to develop beginning practice skills, including reflective exploration of self, client centred assessment and documentation, with attention to developing an understanding of the emotional components of social practice. It will enable students to critically discuss the place of ethics and supervision in safe and effective social practice. Development of knowledge, skills, values and attitudes essential for effective practice is the main purpose of the course. The aim is for students to gain the skills and self-awareness they need to go into their first fieldwork practicum.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Restrictions: CSTU5130 or CSTU5930.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From - To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|23 Jul 20 - 24 Sep 20||Lecture||Thursday||09:00 - 13:00||Waitākere (510-1035)|
|15 Oct 20 - 19 Nov 20||Lecture||Thursday||09:00 - 13:00||Waitākere (510-1035)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Social Practice.