- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop understanding and techniques related to calculations involved in survey practice.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Diploma in Surveying programme to enrol in this course. Co-requisite: ENGGDE4202.
- Topics include:
? Rearrange and solve formula, circular curves, geodetic equations, sine and cosine rules.
? Solve unknown elements of triangles, trigonometric ratios, sine and cosine rules, Pythagoras theorem, area calculation.
? Solve areas and volumes in basic geometric shapes, polar and rectangular vectors and conversions between, vector addition and subtraction,
? Mean, median mode calculation, variance, standard deviation, standard error and confidence intervals calculation, normal deviation description
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|28 Feb 18 - 11 Apr 18||Lecture||Wednesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-2009)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
|2 May 18 - 6 Jun 18||Lecture||Wednesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (115-2009)|
|3 May 18 - 7 Jun 18||Lecture||Thursday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Diploma in Surveying.