- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To introduce students to specialised theories, concepts and techniques for directing. This course focuses on enabling students to practically engage with skills in directing for screen media.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme or the Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme to enrol in this course. Restriction: PASA6366.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Developing an individual voice Analysing Text for Screen Production Script breakdown Audience relationship to story
Director's Preparatory Documents Director's Pre Production, Production and Post Production Planning Explore the relationship between actors and directors Blocking with actors
Approaches to rehearsal Directing performance for the screen Visual story telling Blocking
Designing coverage Examine the aesthetics of production design Creating the world of a film
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures
Students are expected to attend 100% of all classes.
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Group reflection and individual survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (012-1014)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (012-1014)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Acting for Screen and Theatre), Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Contemporary Dance), Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Screen Arts), Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Production Design and Management), Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.