- 30 (0.25 EFTS)
- To enable the student to understand complex and multilayered aspects of the choreographic process and performance environment. This course focuses on establishing fundamental habits and methodologies appropriate to contemporary dance choreography and performance.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: PASA5221and PASA5225.
- Topics include:
Bodies in space Choreographic forms, techniques and structures Choreographic Studies Choreography for camera Compositional elements and principles of dance choreography Compositional Skills Creative ideas
Dance vocabularies Devising Guest choreographer Idiosyncratic and personal movement Improvisation techniques and strategies Interpreting work
Music for Choreography Open and flexible attitude Performance and performance Skills Production & production elements, Performance technologies Professional preparation and presentation practices Rehearsal and performance protocols
Repertoire Respond to a variety of stimuli Solo and small group works Spontaneously create and manipulate movement
Technical and artistic clarity Use of gesture, symbolism, poetics and abstraction in dance Use of space, time, shape, quality, and dynamic
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes
Collaborative learning and project environments Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures & on-line blog/journal
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|23 Jul 18 - 24 Sep 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|24 Jul 18 - 25 Sep 18||Studio||Tuesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|26 Jul 18 - 27 Sep 18||Studio||Thursday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|27 Jul 18 - 28 Sep 18||Studio||Friday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|15 Oct 18 - 19 Nov 18||Studio||Monday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|16 Oct 18 - 20 Nov 18||Studio||Tuesday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|18 Oct 18 - 22 Nov 18||Studio||Thursday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
|19 Oct 18 - 23 Nov 18||Studio||Friday||13:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (007-1002)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Contemporary Dance).