- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to articulate a personal methodology for technique and training while consolidating a body of advanced theories, concepts and techniques relating to contemporary dance practice.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme or the Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: PASA6226 and PASA6222.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Advanced skills in ballet Advanced use of weight, flow and momentum Awareness of ongoing personal and professional needs and directions Body intelligence Classical and contemporary techniques
Complex and extended ballet exercises and enchainements Complex sense of musicality Contemporary Dance Technique Dynamic and dramatic modes of expression
Dynamics of systems in motion Kinesiology Motion and force / stability and balance Movement Analysis Movement habits
Own strengths and weaknesses Physical injury and stress conditions Pilates Postural integration Responsiveness to structural placement and movement range
Retain and recall complex movement patterns Self-corrective practices Somatic theories Strength, improvement and body maintenance Variety of speeds, dynamics and directions
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes Collaborative learning and project environments
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures & on-line blog/journal
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Formal reflection, class forum and survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Studio||Monday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|28 Feb 18 - 11 Apr 18||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Studio||Monday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|1 May 18 - 26 Jun 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|2 May 18 - 27 Jun 18||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
|3 May 18 - 28 Jun 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1004)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Contemporary Dance), Graduate Diploma in Creative Practice.