- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to integrate somatic practice and intermediate theories, concepts and techniques as foundation of contemporary dance practice. The course focuses on the further development of specialist skills and the evolution of a personal methodology that will give expression to individual creative development and practice.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts programme to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: PASA5224 and PASA5228.
- Topics include:
May include but are not limited to
Accuracy, confidence, projection, musicality and presence Alexander Technique Alignment and postural integrity in various planes and movement tasks Applied anatomy Artistic expression and performance
Balanced, practical and informed approach to the daily regime Ballet Body maintenance, Body science Complexity and higher levels of artistry of classical ballet Contact improvisation
Contemporary dance technique Co-ordination skills Corrective principals and advice Extended lines and greater freedom in floor and standing work, locomotion and jumps Head to coccyx to heel connection Kinesiology
Movement Analysis Movement through Awareness Muscle & bone Musical phrasing, rhythm and counts Pilates
Precision, agility, and safety Safely challenge and extend personal limitations and goals Somatic studies Timing and fluidity Whole body movement Yoga
Learning and teaching approaches
Topics may be taught in an integrated manner in both practical/workshop/lab and lecture/seminar/tutorial modes Collaborative learning and project environments
Activities include self-directed learning, individual and class exercises, field trips, work in groups, guest lectures & on-line blog/journal
Feedback is sought throughout the course using a range of assessment tools including
Formal reflection, class forum and survey
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Studio||Monday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|28 Feb 18 - 11 Apr 18||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|1 Mar 18 - 12 Apr 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|30 Apr 18 - 25 Jun 18||Studio||Monday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|1 May 18 - 26 Jun 18||Studio||Tuesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|2 May 18 - 27 Jun 18||Studio||Wednesday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
|3 May 18 - 28 Jun 18||Studio||Thursday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (007-1003)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Contemporary Dance).