- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To provide students with the knowledge, tools and techniques required for mining complex data sets and to present the results to non-technical audiences.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bach of Computing Systems or the GDip in Computing to enrol in this course. Pre-requisites: For BCS: ISCG5421 & ISCG6425. For GDC: ISCG6421 & ISCG6425 or as approved by the Programme Leader. Co-req: BCS & GDC: ISCG6426.
- Topics include:
Introduction to data concepts (data types, attributes etc), Data preparation methods (Data cleansing, Feature Selection etc), Data mining techniques (Clustering, Association rules, Ensemble Learning and Regressions etc) and Evaluation methods
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|23 Jul 18 - 24 Sep 18||Lab||Monday||10:00 - 13:00||Mt Albert (183-1001)|
|15 Oct 18 - 19 Nov 18||Lab||Monday||10:00 - 13:00||Mt Albert (183-1001)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Computing Systems, Graduate Diploma in Computing.