Roofs 1 (Sem A) (CIBC4123-SA)
- 5.0 (0.042 EFTS)
- To construct roofs, support framing, penetrations, and finishing trim.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both CIBC4123-SA & CIBC4123-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
The course content covers aspects of the Frame and Structures Skill Set 2 of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Specifications
Roof Framing (LO1, 2)
- Roof framing can be constructed out of either timber or formed light gauge steel channel
- Roof framing includes prefabricated components and individual components
- The level of complexity for roof framing must meet or exceed that required to form gables, hips and valleys
- Roof finishing components include all members associated with the formation of eaves, verges, overhangs and fascias
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2467. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 6248. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.