Preliminaries 1 (Sem B) (CIBC4103-SB)
- 5.0 (0.042 EFTS)
- To develop skills in building mathematics, planning and communication, site establishment and maintenance, and site set-out.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both CIBC4103-SA & CIBC4103-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
The course content covers aspects of the Fundamentals Skill Sets 2, 8 and 9, and parts of the Preliminary Skill Set 1 and 3 of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Specifications.
Building mathematics (LO1)
- Units of measurement, conventions for use with centres and spacing
- Area and volume
- Pythagoras? theorem and its practical application
Planning and communication (LO2)
- Roles and responsibilities of the parties to a construction process
Site establishment and maintenance (LO3)
- Level of complexity (for site establishment and maintenance is equivalent to that of a conventional, two storey dwelling)
Site set?out (LO4)
- Set out complexity to include internal & external corners..
Other metals (LO5)
- The level of materials knowledge required is that of an industry practitioner rather than that of an expert with specialist knowledge.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1011. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 2316. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 6217. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.