Interiors 1 (Sem A) (CIBC4105-SA)
- 5.0 (0.042 EFTS)
- To enable students to identify thermal insulation, linings and finishing trim, and carry-out building mathematics.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both CIBC4105-SA & CIBC4105-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
The course content covers aspects of Interior Linings and Finishing Skill Set 1, 2 and 3 of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Specifications.
Thermal Insulation (LO1)
- R values for floors, ceilings & walls
- How thermal insulation works
Interior Linings (LO2)
- Types of linings, composition of linings, and how they relate to other building elements
- Framing requirements as per for both timber & steel framing, and proprietary systems
- Installation requirements as per manufacturer's requirements & consented plans
- Trim may complete perimeters, openings, cabinetry and stairs
- Installing finishing trim includes dealing with internal and external corners, non 90? angles, junctions, joins and stops
- General concepts of area and volume
- Applied in context of interior linings and trim
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 2461. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 6220. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.