Carpentry Introduction 1 (Sem B) (CIBC4101-SB)
- 5.0 (0.042 EFTS)
- To enable students to select tools and equipment of the trade, identify and show an understanding of legislation, consent process and licensing, and identify building types and construction methods and have a basic understanding of each.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both CIBC4101-SA & CIBC4101-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
The course content covers aspects of Fundamentals Skill Set 1, 2 3, 4 and 5 and Interior Linings and Finishing Skill Set 5 of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Specifications.
Tools and equipment (LO1)
- Tools and equipment that is used on a daily basis by carpenters
- Materials knowledge required is that of an industry practitioner rather than that of an expert with specialist knowledge
- Timber is the primary material used by carpenters. Knowledge required for all other materials is proportional to their use in the industry, and in specific contexts
Legislation, consent and licensing (LO3)
- Health and safety legislative framework as it applies to the construction industry
- Site Safe Construction passport
Construction methods (LO4)
- The level of knowledge required is that of an industry practitioner rather than that of a designer or specialist
- Typical methodologies used to construct buildings using light timber, & steel framing
- Hardware for interior situations
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 1004. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 2314. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 6213. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.