- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable the students to develop understanding of spare part concepts and inventory systems process and procedures.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Applied Technology programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Topics / Indicative Content outline
1. Spare parts and storeroom management, efficient inventory management and reliability, objectives for purchasing, storeroom and delivery.
2. Inventory management for supplies & spare parts,searching for parts and supplies with existing data, creation of spare parts list, critical re ordering process
parameters and related characteristics such as cost analysis, stock take and risk management.
3. Total Quality Management
review of quality standards, storeroom information to track reliability and improvements, opportunities and optimization of spare parts inventory.
4. Information of Tracking and validation
conduct product failure analysis, plan correction action and formulate plan, management of repairable spare parts, incident investigation and analysis.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|2 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||Lecture||Friday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (170-2035)|
|4 May 18 - 29 Jun 18||Lecture||Friday||13:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (170-2035)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Applied Technology - Automotive Engineering.