- 7.5 (0.063 EFTS)
- To enable students to develop an understanding of the theoretical and practical application and the use of diagnostic tools within a veterinary clinic setting.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Dip Vet Nursing or NZDip Vet Nursing to enrol in this course. Prereqs DVN:NSCI4700 or NSCI5102. NZDVN:NSCI5720 or (NSCI5103 & NSCI5104). Students must enrol in both NSCI6103-SA & NSCI6103-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
-Production of diagnostic radiographic images
Safety procedures, types of x-ray machines, production of the x-ray beam, taking diagnostic quality radiographs, production of radiographic technique charts,
storage and disposal of x-ray equipment/chemicals, manual and automatic processing, correction and improvement of image quality, diagnostic imaging for exotics (birds, reptiles, small mammals).
-Use of other diagnostic modalities
Digital radiography and advanced imaging techniques (eg, -Ultrasound, Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)).
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|11 Jun 18 - 11 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (115-1007)|
|Lab||Monday||15:30 - 18:00||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|12 Jun 18 - 12 Jun 18||Lab||Tuesday||10:30 - 13:00||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|13 Jun 18 - 13 Jun 18||Lab||Wednesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
|Wednesday||10:30 - 13:00||Mt Albert (115-3010)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing.