- 15.0 (0.125 EFTS)
- This course introduces the day-to-day management principles of a companion animal facility through a focus on animal health and welfare.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Management programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both NSCI4714-SA & NSCI4714-SB to complete the course.
- Topics include:
- Health and safety legislation, safe working practice, - Business law, employment law, animal welfare legislation.
- Communication in the workplace, ethics in the workplace, formal communication, customer service skills, team building and management.
- Record keeping, sustainable resource management, marketing plans, financial considerations, computer software, recruitment processes.
- Hygiene, cleaning regimes, quarantine, isolation, housing design and maintenance, breeding requirements.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Lecture||Monday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (112-4009)|
|27 Feb 18 - 10 Apr 18||Practical||Tuesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
|30 Apr 18 - 4 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (112-4009)|
|1 May 18 - 5 Jun 18||Practical||Tuesday||15:00 - 17:00||Mt Albert (115-3016)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Animal Management (Companion Animals).