- Current students
The Health Scholarship Programme supports Maori and Pacific residents of the Waitemata region (North Shore City, Waitakere City and Rodney District) to undertake health-specific tertiary study with an accredited New Zealand education provider.
|Award value: Varies||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Waitemata DHB|
|Contact: Waitemata DHB: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Waitematā District Health Board has places available on our Health Scholarship Programme. If you are due to complete your study towards becoming a health professional within the next 12-18 months please consider joining us at Waitematā District Heath Board, on the Health Scholarship Programme.
The Programme supports Māori and Pacific students from the Waitematā region (North Shore City, Waitakere City and Rodney District) to undertake health-specific tertiary study with an accredited New Zealand education provider. In return for support with your tuition fees, networking opportunities and an offer of employment upon successful completion of your training. We ask that our scholarship recipients agree to work with us for a minimum of 2 years’ post-graduation.
Scholarships are provided to help us better reflect the population we serve and as such, are only available to residents from Māori and/or indigenous Pacific ethnic backgrounds.
The key eligibility criteria for scholarship applications are:
- New Zealand citizenship and/or permanent residency
- Maori and/or Pacific ethnicity
- Demonstrated ability to meet the academic requirements in your chosen programme
- Financial need
- Ability to demonstrate community involvement
- A commitment to working in the Waitemata region
Expressions of interest open from 20 December 2019 until 20 February 2020 (11.59pm deadline).
- Please ensure that you have read the Scholarship Application Guide, available here before proceeding.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability on the online submission for
- Upload a copy of your CV
- Upload a cover letter outlining your reasons for choosing your course of study and why a scholarship with Waitematā is important to you
- Please make sure your contact details are correct and that you check your voicemail. If you are successful in reaching interview stage, we will contact you by phone to arrange a time.
Application Closing Date: 20 February 2020