- Current students
- Under 25s
The Vocational Pathway Scholarships were established in 2019 to assist school leavers who complete at least one vocational pathway programme at Unitec and then choose to commence study at Unitec in a certificate, diploma or degree level programme. The scholarship is designed to help cover education related costs and provide an opportunity to connect to various induction and mentoring opportunities.
|Award value: $1,500||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Key Dates for 2022 Applications
20th July 2021
Second round: 12th December 2021
First round: 19th September 2021
Eligibility criteria for Unitec Vocational Pathway Scholarships.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa
- Exited secondary school or kura within this year or last
- Completed at least one vocational pathway programme through the Unitec Pathways College during secondary school or kura
- Have submitted an application to Unitec to be admitted full-time into a Certificate, Diploma or Degree Level programme (Level 3-8)
- Must meet the entry criteria for the selected programme of study
Learners need to show:
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course.
- Community Engagement: commitment to benefiting or giving back to their local and/or Unitec communities.
- A recommendation letter / reference letter from applicant’s School/Kura,
- In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Disabled and Neurodiverse Learners
- First in family to pursue tertiary education
- Students residing in Tamaki Makaurau
Please read the Vocational Pathway Scholarship Regulations for more details.