- Current students
- Under 25s
Unitec Vocational Pathway Scholarship
The Vocational Pathway Scholarships were established in 2019 to assist school leavers who complete at least one vocational pathway programme at Unitec and then choose to commence study at Unitec in a certificate, diploma or degree level programme. The scholarship is designed to help cover education related costs and provide an opportunity to connect to various induction and mentoring opportunities.
|Award value: $1,500||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
2023 Scholarship applications have closed
1st September 2022
First round: 7th October 2022
Second round: 9th December 2022
Eligibility criteria for Unitec Vocational Pathway Scholarships.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a domestic student, i.e., a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- have exited secondary school or kura within the last 24 months
- have completed at least one vocational pathway programme through the Unitec Pathways College during secondary school or kura
- be starting in a programme from Level 3 to 8 (certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma) that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete
Learners need to show:
- how their career aspirations influence what they plan to study at Unitec
- motivation to succeed in their chosen programme of study
- community involvement: commitment to benefiting or giving back to their local and/or Unitec communities.
- In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Disabled and Neurodiverse Learners
- First in family to pursue tertiary education
- Students residing in Tāmaki Makaurau
Please read the Vocational Pathway Scholarship Regulations for more details.