- Current students
- Under 25s
This scholarship is for high achieving Pacific learners in undergraduate degrees at Unitec, who are motivated to make a positive difference in society.
Pacific Learners who can demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to applying the essence of Ako – where everyone teaches and everyone learns are encouraged to apply.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in managing their study goals. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities.
Opens 2nd November 2022 | Closes 20th March 2023
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e. a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident;
- be enrolled as a Pacific student;
- have completed and passed a minimum of 60 credits within your current undergraduate degree (level 7 programme) at Unitec;
- be continuing in your current programme of study as a full-time (or pre-approved part-time) student;
- have at least one semester of study left to complete your current programme; and
- have a GPA of 6.0 (which equates to a B+ average) or above in your most recent semester of study for graded courses, or all PASS grades for Pass/Fail courses.
Please read the 2023 Unitec Pacific Academic Excellence Scholarship Regulations for more information.
The Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and will make award recommendations based on a combination of:
- GPA scores;
- responses to the scholarship questions; and
- may give preference to learners who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to continue their studies.