- Current students
- Under 25s
This scholarship is for high achieving Pacific learners in a 240 credit or more undergraduate diploma or bachelor level programme at Unitec, who are motivated to make a positive difference in society.
Pacific Learners who can demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to applying the essence of Ako – where everyone teaches and everyone learns are encouraged to apply.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in managing their study goals. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities.
2024 applications are open
Round 1: Open 22 November 2023 | Closes 31st January 2024
Round 2: Open 16 February 2024 | Closes 11th March 2024
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e. a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident;
- be enrolled as a Pacific student;
- have completed and passed a minimum of 120 credits within your current undergraduate diploma or bachelor level programme at Unitec;
- be continuing in your current programme of study as a full-time (or pre-approved part-time) student;
- have at least one semester of study left to complete your current programme; and
- have a GPA of 6.0 (which equates to a B+ average) or above in your most recent semester of study for graded courses, or all PASS grades for Pass/Fail courses.
Please read the Unitec Pacific Academic Excellence Scholarship Regulations for more information.
The Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and will make award recommendations based on a combination of:
- GPA scores;
- responses to the scholarship questions; and
- may give preference to learners who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to continue their studies.