- Current students
- Under 25s
This scholarship is for high achieving Pacific learners in undergraduate degrees at Unitec, who are motivated to make a positive difference in society.
Pacific Learners who can demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to applying the essence of Ako – where everyone teaches and everyone learns are encouraged to apply.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for our ākonga in managing their study goals. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities.
2022 Applications are Closed
Open 12th January 2022 | Closes 21st March 2022
To apply, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e. a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident;
- be enrolled as a Pacific student;
- have completed and passed a minimum of 60 credits within your current undergraduate degree (level 7 programme) at Unitec;
- be continuing in your current programme of study as a full-time (or pre-approved part-time) student;
- have at least one semester of study left to complete your current programme; and
- have a GPA of 6.0 (which equates to a B+ average) or above in your most recent semester of study for graded courses, or all PASS grades for Pass/Fail courses.
Please read the 2022 Unitec Pacific Academic Excellence Scholarship Regulations for more information.
The Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and will make award recommendations based on a combination of:
- GPA scores;
- responses to the application questions; and
- may give preference to learners who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to continue their studies.