- Current students
- Under 25s
SPCA is New Zealand’s most recognised and best-loved animal welfare organisation. SPCA understands that qualified Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses are essential in assisting with protecting and maintaining pet health. For that reason, they aim to support people interested in getting into roles related to Veterinary Medicine, Animal Care, and Animal Sciences by providing the SPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer’s Grant.
|Award value: $5,000||Number available: TBC|
|Contact: Email email@example.com|
Open 31st March 2023 | Closes 31st October 2023
To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in evidence-based animal care that aligns with SPCA’s organisational position in any of the following areas:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Science
- Veterinary & Life Sciences
- Animal Care
- Veterinary Nursing
- Animal Studies
- Animal Sciences
- Animal Nutrition
- Veterinary Technology; or
- Any other courses leading to similar careers as an animal carer or pet health specialist (subject to approval)
- Only citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand can apply
- You must be 18 years of age or over to apply.
- Employees of SPCA, Hollard, PetSure, SPCA Pet Insurance, or Greenstone Financial Services NZ Limited, and their immediate family members including a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling, are ineligible to apply.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of Identification
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name, and enrolment status
- To apply for the Grant, you must write an essay (maximum 500 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
- Contact details (including residential address).
For more information, please go to the webpage SPCA Pet Insurance . The SPCA Pet Insurance Future Animal Carer's Grant will be awarded in 2024.