- Current students
- Under 25s
Become a global citizen with a Prime Minister’s Scholarship and travel to China or Latin America this summer.
The Prime Minister's Scholarships for Asia (PMSA) and Latin America (PMSLA) are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand Manapou ki te Ao (ENZ). Since 2013, the Scholarships have enabled more than 2,400 New Zealanders to broaden their horizons through life-changing learning experiences in Asia and Latin America.
|Award value: programme fees, flights, visas, insurance, and a contribution towards accommodation and living costs.||Number available: 20|
|Provider: Te Pūkenga|
|Contact: China Programme Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Colombia Programme Email email@example.com|
Applications are closed
Open July 2023 | Close 21 August 2023
- New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old at the date of applying
- Have been a resident in New Zealand for at least 12 of the previous 24 months
- Not an immediate relative of an Education New Zealand staff member or selection panel member
- Medically fit to travel (successful applicants will need to agree to complete any routine medical checks performed at the border, such as COVID-19 tests)
- Able to attend the full duration of your proposed programme overseas
- Eligible for an entry visa into your host country
- Have not previously received a Prime Minister's Group Scholarship
- The host country region or regions you intend to visit during your programme must be safe for travel (rated either "exercise normal safety and security precautions" or "exercise increased caution" on New Zealand's SafeTravel advisory scale) - noting that travel advisories may change at any time.
- Be enrolled in a programme relevant to the scholarship at a Te Pūkenga campus.
Applicable subjects/ career fields
- Graphic design
- IT/Computer science