- Current students
Te Pou Angitū were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students to pursue tertiary education at Unitec in either a Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor level programme.
|Award value: $3,000 towards tuition fees||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Scholarships Team: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Te Pou Angitū were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students to pursue tertiary education at Unitec in either a Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor level programme. Recipients of any and all Māori focused scholarships are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec Māori Community.
Please read Te Pou Angitū Regulations for full details.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa
- Must meet the entry criteria for the selected programme of study.
- Have submitted an application to Unitec to be admitted full-time into a Certificate, Diploma or Degree Level programme.
- Have not enrolled or completed any prior study at Unitec.
- Be enrolled as a Māori student.
- For those applicants entering into a Bachelor (level 5) programme, NCEA results will be considered.
- Motivation to succeed in their chosen course, as demonstrated in the Scholarship application.
- Commitment to benefiting their local and Unitec communities, as demonstrated in the scholarship application.
Before starting an application, you should have the following ready as you cannot save or edit you application once you have started it:
1. Short Answers (100-150 words per each question) to the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to study at Unitec, what motivates you to do well in your studies and the programme you hope to do?
- What are your future goals and how do you plan to get there?
- Give an example of ways you have been involved with your local community and how you may have benefited it?
- What ways do you plan to get involved in the Unitec Community?
Applications open June 11th and close July 26th, 2019
Applications for 2019 have now closed