- Current students
- Under 25s
Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Scholarships were established in 2021 to encourage Māori students to pursue tertiary education at Unitec. Registered members of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei or Ngāti Whātua o Kaipara are invited to apply for this scholarship for study from a Level 3 Certificate through to a Masters Degree at Unitec.
|Award value: $2,500||Number available: Up to 3|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarships advisor.|
Open 26th July 2023 | Closes *scholarship will remain open until funding has been exhausted
The Scholarship panel hope to review applications at the end of every month. And the scholarship will close when funding has been exhausted.
Eligibility for Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Scholarships
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
• be a domestic student, i.e., a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident.
• registered member of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei or Ngāti Whātua o Kaipara
• be enrolling in a Unitec programme from Level 3 to 9 (certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma, or Master’s degree) that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete.
• be enrolled as a Māori ākonga
Please read the Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Scholarship Regulations for more information.
The Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and make award recommendations based on a combination of:
- responses to the scholarship questions;
- Unitec and Te Pūkenga priority group goals – namely to achieve parity for Māori, Pacific and Under 25 students, and enhance the success of Disabled and Neurodiverse learners, first in family to pursue tertiary education, sole parents, and ākonga with low prior achievement; and
- preference may be given to ākonga who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to pursue their studies.