- Current students
- Under 25s
Te Pou Angitū
Te Pou Angitū were established in 2019 to encourage Māori students thinking about studying at Unitec for the first time, to pursue their goals and study with Unitec.
Tauira who have not enrolled at Unitec before and are starting in an undergraduate certificate, diploma, or degree or in a postgraduate certificate or diploma, are encouraged to apply.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Unitec recognises that financial support is an important consideration for ākonga/learners considering study. The scholarship provides both financial support and mentoring opportunities in the first year of study.
Scholarship recipients are expected to be involved and participate in the Unitec Māori Community.
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
Open 3rd September 2022 | Closes 23rd January 2023
To be eligible, you must:
- be a domestic student, i.e. a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- be enrolling for the first time at Unitec
- be enrolled as a Māori student
- be starting in a programme from Level 3 to 8 (certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma) that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete.
Please read the 2023 Te Pou Angitū Scholarship Regulations for more information on requirements, the application questions and selection processes.
Included in the application is a section for ākonga to provide their Whakapapa utilising this Pepehā Template.
A selection committee will review all eligible applications and make award recommendations based on:
- responses to the scholarship application questions; and
- preference may be given to learners who demonstrate that financial support will have an impact on their ability to begin their tertiary studies at Unitec.