- Current students
- Under 25s
The Unitec Kura Kaupapa and Rumaki Reo Scholarships were established in 2019 to support and engage Kura Kaupapa and Rumaki Reo graduates into tertiary studies at Unitec. The scholarship is designed to help cover education related costs and provide an opportunity to connect to various induction and mentoring opportunities, along with connecting recipients with Unitec’s Māori community.
|Award value: $3,000||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: Unitec Institute of Technology|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Open 23 June 2023 | Closes * 18 September - round 1, and 30 January - round 2.
Eligibility criteria for Unitec Kura Kaupapa and Rumaki Reo Scholarships
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a domestic student, i.e., a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- have exited from Kura Kaupapa and Rumaki Reo within the last 24 months
- be starting in a programme from Level 3 to 8 (certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree, postgraduate certificate or diploma) that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete
Learners need to show:
- how their career aspirations influence what they plan to study at Unitec
- motivation to succeed in their chosen programme of study
- commitment to attending and participating in Unitec Kura Kaupapa and Rumaki Reo events and initiatives
- In addition to the above selection criteria, preference will be given to applicants who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Disabled and Neurodiverse Learners
- First in family to pursue tertiary education
- Students residing in Tāmaki Makaurau
Please read the Kura Kaupapa and Rumaki Reo Scholarship regulations for more details.