We have two scholarships available to help develop more inclusive learning environments for gender diverse students.
|Award value: $2,000 toward course costs for full time study, $1,000 for part time||Number available: 2|
|Contact: Ally Network email@example.com|
The total for a year of full-time study is $2,000 and for part-time study $1,000 and will be paid in two parts at the beginning of each semester.
Scholarship recipients will be hosted by the Ally Network, a group of staff and students who work to build an inclusive environment for diverse sexualities and genders at Unitec. The Network will be a welcoming group responsible for linking recipients up with services and people who will support success at Unitec. The Network is interested in what helps support success for scholarship recipients so they can further develop inclusive learning environments.
To be eligible for a Diverse Gender scholarship you will need to:
- be studying in a programme at least a year long (i.e. over two semesters) either full-time or part-time at Unitec
- be a domestic student
- identify as diverse gender
*For the purposes of this scholarship Diverse Gender includes tangata ira tane, FtM, MtF, transsexual, fa'afafine, transgender, whakawahine, transmen, transwomen, akava'ine, leiti, intersex, genderqueer and gender-neutral people.
How to apply
- In your application, tell us how this scholarship and hosting would contribute to your success at Unitec.
- Provide contact for a referee who could tell us how this scholarship would benefit you.
- Applications for 2017 have now closed. Applications for 2018 will be available in March/April 2018.