- Current students
We have up to two scholarships available each semester to help develop more inclusive learning environments for gender diverse students.
|Award value: $2,000 toward course costs for full time study, $1,000 for part time||Number available: Up to 2 each semester|
|Contact: Ally Network email@example.com|
The total scholarship amount for a year of full-time study is $2,000 and for part-time study $1,000 and will be paid in two parts at the beginning of each semester.
Unitec is committed to providing an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. One way to do this is by identifying and addressing barriers that diverse students face when engaged in tertiary study. The financial and networking support that this scholarship offers is intended to help support students with educational costs and acknowledge and address some of the unique barriers diverse gender students encounter.
Please read the Diverse Gender Scholarship Regulations for full details.
To be eligible for a Diverse Gender scholarship you will need to:
- be studying in a programme at least a year long (i.e. over two semesters) either full-time or part-time at Unitec
- be a domestic student
- identify as diverse gender
*For the purposes of this scholarship Diverse Gender includes tangata ira tane, FtM, MtF, transsexual, fa'afafine, transgender, whakawahine, transmen, transwomen, akava'ine, leiti, intersex, genderqueer and gender-neutral people.
How to apply for the Diverse Gender Scholarship
- You will need to have a Student ID ready before you apply.
- In your application, tell us about the course you are studying at Unitec
- Tell us how this scholarship and hosting will contribute to your success at Unitec
- Please provide contact details for a referee who could tell us how this scholarship will benefit you
Applications close Monday 5th of August