- Current students
- Under 25s
Unitec is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier free environment that celebrates diversity. The financial support that this scholarship offers is intended to provide learners with disabilities, support for education related costs or other living costs that could be a barrier to study.
|Award value: Maximum of $1,000||Number available: 10|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: email@example.com or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
23rd February 2021
26th March 2021
Eligibility for our Āheinga Equity Scholarship
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
• New Zealand citizen or holder of a New Zealand Permanent Resident visa
• Be currently enrolled full or part-time in a Unitec course that is at least one semester in duration at Level 3 or above or have submitted an application to Unitec to be admitted full-time or part time into a Certificate, Diploma or Degree Level programme (Level 3-8) and meet the entry criteria for the selected programme of study
• Having a verified (provide documentation or be registered with Access4Success) disability, which for the purpose of this scholarship, includes:
- Mental health disorder including anxiety, depression
- Neurological, including Specific Learning Disabilities, ADHD and Autism.
- Long term (6 months or more) injury or long term medical illness/condition/impairment that impacts on the ability to learn.
- Traumatic brain injury.
• Preference will be given to first-time applicants who have not received the Āheinga Equity Scholarship before.
As demonstrated in the Scholarship application:
• Motivation to succeed in their chosen course.
• Commitment and aspiration to pursue future goals
• Willingness to engage and contribute to the disability community
• Preference may be given to students who are in their second or third year of study at Unitec.
Please read the Āheinga Equity Scholarship Regulations for full details.