- Current students
- Under 25s
Āheinga Equity Scholarship
Unitec is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier free environment that celebrates diversity. The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage disabled and neuro diverse learners to pursue their studies at Unitec.
This scholarship is open to new and continuing domestic students, studying on a full or part-time basis.
|Award value: $2,000||Number available: Varies|
|Contact: Email our Scholarships Team if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment with our Scholarship advisor.|
Financial hardship has been identified by disabled and neuro diverse learners as a barrier to pursuing higher education. The financial and additional support that this scholarship offers is intended to help lessen this barrier by helping to support students with education related costs. Disabled and neuro diverse students in level 3 to 8 programmes are encouraged to apply.
Open 16 December 2022 | Closes 20 March 2023
To apply, you must
- be a domestic student, i.e. a New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident
- have applied to, or already be enrolled, full-time or part-time, in an undergraduate certificate, diploma or degree, or a postgraduate certificate or diploma (Level 3 to 8) programme, that takes at least one semester of full-time study to complete
- have a verified disability (provide documentation or be registered with Access4Success), which for the purpose of this scholarship, includes:
- mental health disorder including anxiety, depression
- neurological, including specific learning disabilities, ADHD and Autism
- long term (6 months or more) injury or long-term medical illness/condition/impairment that impacts on the ability to learn
- traumatic brain injury
Please read the Āheinga Equity Scholarship Regulations for more information on requirements, the application questions and selection processes.
A selection committee will review all eligible applications and make award recommendations based on:
- reponses to application questions; and
- preference may be given to students who are:
- in their second or third year of study at Unitec and have passed a minimum of 50% of their courses in their most recent semester of study;
- first-time applicants who have not received the Āheinga Equity Scholarship before.