- Current students
- Under 25s
These scholarships are designed to grow our Māori nursing and midwifery workforce at Auckland DHB to ensure that we are meeting our obligation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and enable equitable workforce participation for Māori.
|Award value: Varies||Number available: Varies|
|Provider: A+ Trust Auckland District Health Board|
|Contact: Maori students please contact Aroha Waaka Nurse Educator Maori Health & Workforce Development at ArohaW@adhb.govt.nz. Pacific student please contact Augustina Reid Nurse Educator Pacific Health & Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or Abel Smith Director of Nursing Pacific at AbelS@adhb.govt.nz for further information|
These scholarships are designed to grow our Māori nursing and midwifery workforce at Auckland DHB to ensure that we are meeting our obligation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and enable equitable workforce participation for Māori. This endeavor recognizes that Māori caring for Māori is crucial to culturally responsive and competent care as well as helping eliminate health inequities experienced by our indigenous Māori population. Provision of scholarships to Māori is aimed at eliminating financial barriers to tertiary education and enabling potential in our communities.
Open and Close Dates
Opening dates for the scholarship - October / December each year
Please read the A+ Trust - ADHB Health Workforce Scholarships Programme 2019-2025 document for more information.
A+ Trust in partnership with Auckland DHB are pleased to provide undergraduate scholarships to nursing students in their region from 2019-2025. Applicants will need to complete this form thoroughly and legibly and provide any supportive documentation as required. This form is to be used for undergraduate registered nursing scholarships only.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
- Scholarships will only be available to students enrolled in the following tertiary education institutions: Massey University Albany, Auckland University of Technology, UNITEC, University of Auckland and Manukau Institute of Technology, WINTEC (for Midwifery students only).
- You will be a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand permanent resident to be eligible for any of the scholarships.
- You will not be able to hold a scholarship within this programme and at the same time hold another scholarship from another DHB.
- You will be of New Zealand Maori ethnicity and can describe your whakapapa
- You will be of indigenous Pacific island ethnicity (for midwifery and enrolled nurse scholarships only)
- Maori applicants will be eligible for midwifery, registered nursing and enrolled nursing scholarships
- Pacific applicants will be eligible for midwifery and enrolled nursing scholarships
- Those wishing to study at the postgraduate level are not eligible for these scholarships.
- Students who are not Māori or Pacific island descent.