Unitec Institute of Technology – Te Whare Wānanga o Wairaka and the Manukau Institute of Technology - Te Whare Takiura o Manukau warmly welcome staff from all Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics in NZ and their research partners to register and to submit abstract(s) to present a paper or poster(s). There will be no charge for this event, except for the symposium dinner.
This symposium aims to:
- Connect researchers from across the sector;
- Foster research collaboration between ITPs, industry and community;
- Disseminate quality, industry and community partnered research
The call for abstracts and registrations is open now.
On this page
9.00am December 6th to 4.00pm December 7th 2021
Symposium Dinner – 5.30pm, December 6th
Location: Te Puna (Building 180), Mt Albert Campus, Unitec Institute of Technology
It is intended that the symposium can be attended in person or online. In the event of COVID-19 alert levels prohibiting physical attendance, the symposium will be run online only.
- Keynote speakers (to be announced shortly)
- Panel discussion on the future of research in our sector
- Research streams: Māori, Pacific and various disciplines
- Research presentations, posters and workshops
- Undergraduate student research competition
- Research awards – Māori, Pacific, Student, Research Impact and Early Career
- Celebration dinner and entertainment
- Peer-reviewed published proceedings
Full papers developed from presentations and posters are invited for submission to the Research Symposium Proceedings, to be published by Unitec ePress. These must be submitted via the ePress submission form, https://www.unitec.ac.nz/epress/index.php/for-authors/submission-form/, by 28 February 2022. The proceedings will be published before the end of 2022. Unitec ePress, https://www.unitec.ac.nz/epress/, is an open-source, online publisher of peer-reviewed, quality-assured academic work.
- Deadline for Early Bird abstract submission: 18 October
- Hard deadline for abstract submission: 25 October
- Deadline for review feedback: 10 November (Early Birds prioritised)
- Deadline for submission of revised abstract: 22 November
- Deadline for registration: 26 November
- Symposium programme: 29 November
- Symposium: 6 – 7 December 2021
- Deadline for submission of full papers to ePress: 28 February 2022