- Current students
- Under 25s
Our Unitec Osteopaths clinic is located right on our Mt Albert campus and offers osteopathy services to students, staff, and the general public.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is primarily a manual treatment, with the majority of diagnosis and treatment performed by the osteopath’s hands. Osteopaths focus on the muscles, bones and joints of the human body. The osteopath seeks to analyse and understand the causes of those symptoms and includes them in the treatment.
What can Osteopathy help with?
Osteopathy can help people with a wide variety of problems, including:
- Workers in all occupations: Neck, back and joint pains of all descriptions
- Sportspeople and dancers: Sprains, strains and chronic injuries
- Elderly people: Chronic aches and pains related to the spine, shoulders, hips, feet and knees
- Pregnant women: Antenatal care for back pain and other aches in all stages of pregnancy
What should I expect?
- Your first visit will take about 90 minutes, and after that follow-up treatments take about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing to your appointment.
- Generally, treatments are gentle and rarely cause pain or discomfort
- Free parking outside the clinic.
How much will it cost?
|Adult (General Public)||$32|
|Unitec staff member||$23|
|Age 60 and above||$20|
Book an appointment
Call or email us to make an appointment. If you prefer, complete the online enquiry form and one of the team will call you back.
Please give 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule appointments. In cases of severe weather or communicable illness, please try to give as much notice as possible. Any cancelled or rescheduled appointments without appropriate notice may result in full billing of the missed treatment. If you are unable to attend on a consistent basis the clinic may refuse to rebook you for further treatments.