- Current students
Te Puna Waiora Health & Counselling
Doctors & Nurses
Our doctors and nurses work by appointment. You can make an appointment by phone or online, you can also visit the centre in person but this may take longer as there may be queues. When visiting in person or when calling in for your appointment, please have your Student ID card ready.
|Where||Building 180 (Te Puna), Level 0, Mt Albert Campus|
|Hours||Monday: 8am - 5pm
Tuesday: 8am - 5pm
Wednesday: 8am - 5pm
Thursday: 8am - 6pm
Friday: 8am - 5pm
Friday, 21 December: 8am - 12pm
|Phone||0800 10 85 10 or +64 9 815 4321 ext 7212|
|Booking||Make an Appointment|
- Management of long-term medical conditions - Diabetes, Asthma, Hypertension
- Sexual health checks
- Travel advice and immunisation
- Smoking cessation & support
- Healthy lifestyle advice
- Cervical screening
- Skin conditions
- Minor surgery
- Nursing screening
- Medical Certificates
- Urinary tract infections treatment
- Emergency contraception
- ACC injury assessment & treatment
- Maternity care
- Skin Clinic for any skin conditions including acne, lesions, rashes and moles
How to Register
To register the Wellness Centre as your Primary Health Organisation, download and print this form or pick up one from the reception desk. Once you've completed and signed the form, return it to our front desk and we will take care of the process from there.
Fees & Charges
- Nurse appointment - free
- Doctor appointment
- Registered domestic students - $8
- Casual domestic students with Community Service Card - $18
- Casual domestic students without Community Service Card - $30
- If covered by Unicare or Southern Cross we will invoice your insurance company directly (conditions apply)
- If not covered by Unicare or Southern Cross you will be required to pay the standard international fees at the clinic.
Frequent Asked Questions
Are my details and records kept confidential?
Yes, we operate under the Privacy Code. Patient confidentiality is considered extremely important, and your personal details and records will not be shared with anyone else, unless you have given your permission to do so.
I don't have a Community Services Card. How do I get one?
Forms are available from the Wellness Centre reception or visit Work and Income for more information.
What should I expect on my first visit?
Your first visit will be with the Nurse who will assess and record your health history and baseline recordings.
What do I need to bring?
Bring in your Student ID card to show us on arrival. If you have a Community Services Card, please bring it with you. For proof of identity please bring in your Birth Certificate or Passport. For International students you'll also need to bring in your visa and provide Insurance details.