- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- This course provides students with skills in the area of post-production operations and gives them an understanding of postproduction technology, as well as a critical appreciation of the craft of editing. Projects will allow students to work with analogue and digital special effects in preparation for their original output.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the Bachelor of Creative Enterprise programme to enrol in this course.
- Topics include:
Topics may include but are not limited to
Cinematography processes and technologies
Video editing techniques and processes
Sound design and editing
Digital post-production techniques and workflows
Integration of live action and motion graphic assets
Semiotic, symbolic, and sequential relationships in time based media
Methodologies for the creation of motion based typography
Waveform creation and editing, multi-track audio construction
mix down and mastering processes
Grammar of moving image narrative
Creating original imagery and manipulating digitized constructed images
Scripts and motion design treatments
Storyboard use and application
Motion graphic production-line
Virtual camera and multiplane composition
Object and camera tracking
Rendering and exporting motion graphic projects to industry formats
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|27 Jul 18 - 28 Sep 18||Lecture||Friday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (001-2074)|
|19 Oct 18 - 23 Nov 18||Lecture||Friday||09:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (001-2074)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise.