- Current students
This programme is ideal if you want to go on to higher level study in Accounting, Business Management, Marketing and Digital Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Supply Chain Management. It's also perfect for people already in employment who want to improve their professional presentation, business communication, and digital skills.
- Emphasis on practical skills and project-based learning: you could be designing an advertising campaign; managing accounts for a simulated business; creating promotional material such as press releases, print ads or posters.
- Learn from Lecturers who are eager to share their industry experience with you.
- Access Unitec's excellent communication studies and performing arts facilities.
- A mix of classroom sessions, practical workshops, critique sessions, student seminars, discussions, presentations and online learning.
- An opportunity to learn about Māori culture and business principles from Māori lecturers and guest speakers.
Please note: International students who graduate will NOT be eligible for a post study work visa upon completion of this programme.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 in three different subjects, one subject must be English
- A minimum of 4 years secondary education
- Be 16 years old by the time the programme starts
- You may be required to attend an interview or to a Skills Review session at our Mt Albert campus
- If English is not your first language you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet these requirements? We also accept:
- A relevant qualification at Level 2 on the NZQF or above or an equivalent qualification; or
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Business Concepts and Communication (BEBP4201)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to work with business concepts and communicate business information effectively.|
|Using Business Software (BEBP4202)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Students will gain an overview of the use of integrated software packages in business, and intermediate level skills in word processing and spreadsheet use.|
|Collaborative Project (BECI4901)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course will prepare students for further academic study in their chosen pathway by providing creative project experience in both individual and collaborative contexts.|
|Identity and Communication (BPED4001)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course introduces pathway-related concepts and develops pathway-related academic skills in order to prepare students for further academic study in their chosen pathway.|