- Current students
Please note: While this certificate programme is not equivalent to University Entrance, successful completion will allow you to progress to higher-level programmes.
This programme is ideal if you want to go on to higher-level study in Accounting, Business Management, Marketing and Digital Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Operations Management. It's also perfect for people already in employment who want to improve their professional presentation, business communication, and digital skills.
- Emphasis on practical skills and project-based learning: you could be designing an advertising campaign; managing accounts for a simulated business; creating promotional material such as brochures, print ads or posters.
- Learn from Lecturers who are eager to share their industry experience with you.
- A mix of classroom sessions, practical workshops, critique sessions, student seminars, discussions, presentations and online learning.
- An opportunity to learn about Māori culture and business principles from Māori lecturers and guest speakers.
Please note: International students who graduate will NOT be eligible for a post-study work visa upon completion of this programme.
For this programme, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 4 years’ secondary education;
- Be 16 years old by the time the programme starts;
- A minimum total of 40 NCEA credits at level 2 in four subjects, including:
- A minimum of 12 English credits at level 1 or higher;
- University Entrance numeracy (or equivalent);
- If you haven't met the above NCEA requirements, you'll need one of the following:
- A relevant qualification at Level 3 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework or equivalent qualifications (e.g. International Baccalaureate or Cambridge), or;
- The New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3);
- Attend a Skills Review session, where students’ literacy and numeracy levels will be assessed.
English requirements for international students:
If English is not your first language, you will need one of the following:
- Academic IELTS level 5.5 with no band lower than 5, or;
- The New Zealand Certificate in English Language Level 3 (Applied).
If you don’t meet the English criteria above, we have a range of English Language programmes available, depending on your current level of ability.
If you don’t meet these requirements, you may still apply under special or discretionary entrance, or try our New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3).
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Business Concepts and Communication (BEBP4201)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to work with business concepts and communicate business information effectively.|
|Using Business Software (BEBP4202)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||Students will gain an overview of the use of integrated software packages in business, and intermediate level skills in word processing and spreadsheet use.|
|Collaborative Project (BEBP4203)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course will prepare students for further academic study in their chosen pathway by providing creative project experience in both individual and collaborative contexts.|
|Collaborative Project (BECI4901)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course will prepare students for further academic study in their chosen pathway by providing creative project experience in both individual and collaborative contexts.|
|Identity and Communication (BPED4001)||15.0 credits (0.125 EFTS)||This course introduces pathway-related concepts and develops pathway-related academic skills in order to prepare students for further academic study in their chosen pathway.|