Study level two English to start preparing yourself for future study.
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak in English different situations
- Get the skills to succeed in academic study
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, Language Learning Centre and computer labs)
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16 week programme
- English language scholarships available to help you study
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins
2. Have English as a second language and have the following:
- Hold a NZCEL (Level 1) (Academic) or quivalent; or
- Achieve an appropriate score on our English Language Placement Test.
3. Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, have a student visa or hold a Certificate of Refugee Status with eligibility to study
Don’t meet these requirements? We also accept:
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Oral Skills (L2) (EAPL2150)||30 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students’ spoken accuracy and fluency in the English language and their understanding of spoken English texts within a limited range of familiar contexts and genres|
|Text Based Skills (L2) (EAPL2151)||30 credits (0.25 EFTS)||To develop students’ written accuracy and fluency in the English language within a limited range of genre in socially constructed ways. To develop students’ understanding of a limited range of written English texts|