Now open for applications.
Study English to increase your skills in understanding, reflection and inter-cultural competence in an academic context. Unitec employs the latest teaching practices, uses collaborative learning spaces, and provides a true campus and community experience. This programme will prepare you for success in range of degree level programmes including business, computing and creative industries.
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak in English in academic contexts
- Get the language and study skills to succeed in academic study
- Use the latest technology and apps to help you learn
- Study five English for Academic Purposes Unit Standards and gain credits towards meeting UE literacy requirements
- Get access to great teachers and equipment (including a well-equipped Library, Language Learning Centre and computer labs)
- Learn in a fast and flexible 16 week programme
- English language scholarships available to help you study
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Write well-structured, developed, moderately complex academic texts
- Continue your education with the New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 5) or combine your studies with a degree programme
- Participate effectively in group work and engage in spoken academic language.
Note: This programme is pending NZQA approval.
- Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins
- Hold a New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Applied) (Level 3); or
- Achieve an appropriate score on our English Language Placement Test.
- Sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.