Advanced Spoken English (EAPL7412)
- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To develop students’ proficiency in spoken English, both productive and receptive, for academic, professional and social/community purposes. This will equip them for employment, leadership, life-long learning and personal development.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Topics include:
Current Events, Public Speaking, Leadership (in own field/culture/community)
Features of English pronunciation, including stress & weak forms, linking, intonation,
Features of various native and non-native English accents,
Lexico-grammartical and discourse analysis, spoken registers and styles
Conversation Analysis, Pragmatics and Speech Act Theory
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
Class: 5071. This timetable is currently unavailable.
Class: 5810. This timetable is currently unavailable.
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Arts (English as an Additional Language), Graduate Certificate in English as an Additional Language.