- Current students
- Under 25s
What do Student Connectors do?
Student Connectors are a student support network for international students who volunteer their time to help other international students with settling into life in Auckland (Tāmaki Makaurau) and study at Unitec.
They connect students to the student support services on campus and are part of the official group that welcomes new students to Unitec at the International Welcome Day (International Orientation).
Having first-hand experience in adjusting to life at Unitec, Student Connectors can offer useful tips and advice to students and can help create that sense of belonging for other international students who are far from home.
Join our team of Student Connectors
Are you a current international student who wants to help other international students adjust to life on campus? Become a Student Connector and gain practical work experience while you study.
Student Connectors play an important part in connecting our international students to various student support services as well as cultural groups, clubs and sports on campus. They also provide Unitec with valuable feedback on the international study experience.
What to expect
We require all of our Student Connectors to commit to:
- 1 – 2 hours per week for training
- Being available to assist at the International Welcome Day
- Being open to volunteer opportunities, activities, and events
What’s in it for you?
Students on the Connectors programme will have the opportunity to:
- Develop personal and professional skills such as communication, team work, leadership and employability
- Meet new people
- Build confidence
- Participate in networking opportunities
The Connectors programme also provides you with a certificate that acknowledges your engagement and participation. And it looks good on your CV!
You’ll be supported by, and report to, our International Student Advisors, who are dedicated to supporting all of our international students.
An international student should meet the following criteria:
- Have studied for at least one semester at Unitec
- History of passing all enrolled papers in the previous semester
- Have a satisfactory attendance rate (85% or higher)
Applications for Student Connectors opens once every year. You can apply online by the link below, and our International Student Advisors will be in touch with you for an interview.
Student Connectors Application
Are you looking for
- All student services available to you as a student, then visit our Student Services section.