- Current students
International Welcome day dates 2020
The International Welcome, also known as International Orientation, is made up of a number of compulsory activities. These activities are to help new International students familiarise themselves with life in New Zealand (Aotearoa) and studying at Unitec.
Dates for the International Welcome Day
|Semester One||Wednesday, 19 February, 8.45am - 3pm
Friday, 21 February, 9.30am - 3pm
|Semester Two||Wednesday, 15 July, 8.45am - 3pm|
The International Welcome Day(s) is compulsory for international Students and a requirement to attend.
What to expect on the day?
Wednesday, 19 February
It will be a full day of activities, and the day will go as follows:
- You will begin your day at the Unitec Marae to be welcomed not only to Unitec, but to this land, Aotearoa as our special visitors.
- You'll then be taken to the Red Lecture Theatre, located in Building 180 (Te Puna), Level 0, Mt Albert campus. To find your way around, visit our Campus Maps page.
- They'll be presentations on the day, covering life in New Zealand, studying with us, and student support services available to you.
- At the end of the presentations, light refreshments will be provided.
- Following that you’ll head up to Level 1 (Building 180 (Te Puna), Mt Albert campus) to sort your visa and insurance, get your student ID card, login details, timetable, and more.
Friday, 21 February
It will be a full day of workshops, and the day will go as follows:
- You will begin your day by meeting outside the Red Lecture Theatre, located in Building 180 (Te Puna), Level 0, Mt Albert campus. To find your way around, visit our Campus Maps page.
- They'll be short presentations on safety and security, insurance and more.
- Then you'll be split into groups and taken to classrooms within Te Puna (Building 180) for your international workshops.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
Make sure to register
Please fill out our online form to let us know you are coming.
» To bring your passport and a pen with you, and make sure to dress for New Zealand weather on the day
Just in case:
» We encourage International students, in their first week, to have a small amount of NZD cash on them to be able to purchase things they might need. Particularly if you haven’t sorted a bank in NZ yet.
All international students will receive an email with information on the International Welcome Day, if you have not received an email please let us know. You can email us on email@example.com or call us on +64 9 815 4321.
As a new student to Unitec, you're also required to attend an orientation for your chosen programme. Please check the Orientation page for this information.
Are you looking for
We look forward to welcoming you to the Unitec whānau (family). Safe travels!