- Current students
- Under 25s
Ready to get started with your career planning? You can find some helpful resources below to help you get started.
CV and Cover Letter Resources
CVs and cover letters are your marketing tools to land you a job interview. Use these resources to guide you in deciding which strengths and skills to highlight and to ensure that it is appropriate for the role that you are applying for.
CV Guidelines Cover Letter Guidelines
Job Search Tips
These resources are designed to maximise your job search efforts by making the most of your communication with employers, improving your digital presence and helping you to stand out from other applicants.
- Job Search
- What to say when job hunting
- Informational Interviews
- Interview Preparation
- Transition to workplace
Job search websites
Check out these sites to search for current vacancies in New Zealand and around the world.
As well as a range of Apprenticeship, Internship and Graduate roles you can explore jobs in your field, employer information, employability resources, interesting career articles and graduate stories.
- Search jobs - The Unitec Career and Employability Directory is where you can find job roles to get your career started and further your professional development.
- Student Job Search is a not for profit charity and is funded to place students in jobs.
- LinkedIn now includes job opportunities on top of its highly professional networking functionality.
- Seek is a platform that matches jobseekers to employment opportunities.
- Trade Me Jobs offer thousands of jobs from top New Zealand employers and recruiters.
- New Zealand Government Jobs Online is a gateway to the diverse job opportunities within the New Zealand State sector organisations.
- LG Careers promotes career opportunities with the New Zealand local government.
- Mahi features Māori-focused employment opportunities covering all sectors from graduate level to CEO positions throughout the country.
- Māori and Pacific Jobs contains Māori and Pacific focused employment opportunities throughout the world.
What do employers say?
Do your skills match with what industry needs? What does your industry sector say about the skill set they are looking for?
Pointers and tips from industry
EY is one of New Zealand's largest professional services employers. Find out what they look for in a graduate.
How to make your application stand out from the crowd
Hear from experts, alumni and students as they share tips, advice and stories to help you on your career journey.
Getting your year off to a good start
Putting your best foot forward in a COVID-19 world
What employers want: employability skills and how to communicate them
If you want to catch a fish, cast your net widely
Career Planning Resources
The Career and Employability Team has put together these resources to help you with your career planning. Click through the link to access the resources.
- Planning your career
- Developing your personal brand
- Finding your transferable skills
- Preferred work contexts activity
- Career values activity
- SWOT Analysis
- Join the dots
- Setting SMART Goals
- Building resilience
Your Moodle Career Resources
If you are a current Unitec student, you will find more resources to help you on your employability journey here