- Current students
- Under 25s
About your student email
When you enrol at Unitec you will automatically be provided with a student email address.
The email address has two parts:
- The first part is your Unitec username, which is usually part of your name and a number, for example 'smithj01'
- The second part is the email suffix ‘@myunitec.ac.nz’
For example, if your username was smithj01, then your email address would be email@example.com
How to access myUnitec emails
You can access your myUnitec emails via your Student Portal or via the Microsoft Office 365 application.
Via Student Portal
Login to your Student Portal and you will see your latest emails in the ‘My Inbox’ section.
Via Microsoft Office 365
As a Unitec student, you get Microsoft Office 365 applications for free. You can access them via your Student Portal or by using the online version or downloading it to your device. Learn more about how to get Microsoft Office 365.
Benefit of using myUnitec email
This email address makes it easy for Unitec students and staff to contact each other as everyone appears in the unitec directory by name. You do not need to know their email address, you can look them up by name.
If you do not want to use your myUnitec email
You do not have to use it if you don’t want to. If you already have a personal email address and you want all email to go to that one address, then we suggest you set a ‘Forwarding’ rule and redirect any emails sent to the Unitec email address to your other email.
How to forward your myUnitec emails to another email account:
- Open the Mail App
- At the top of the page, click on Settings icon
- Type the word Forwarding in the search field
- This will present the forwarding option, Click on Forwarding
- Click Start forwarding option
- Type in your preferred email address
- Tick the box that says ‘Keep a copy of forwarded messages’