- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to critically examine the nature and effects of political and media relationships, and how these relationships are influenced.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Pre-requisites: Any two Level 6 courses from a degree at Unitec. Restriction: COMM7437.
- Topics include:
politics & political theory; political parties; NZ Constitution, Parliament, Cabinet & PM; NZ elections and voting systems; select committees; political issues related to constitution; mass media theory; political economy of the media; politicians and the Press Gallery; political news analysis/ framing the news; journalism and political news; public service broadcasting; media and propaganda political lobbying - using media to communicate; political lobbying ? politics of influence and democracy; media futures; the 'new news'; blogs and the 'newspaper-less' media; analysis of political and media campaigns.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|25 Jul 18 - 26 Sep 18||Lecture||Wednesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (023-1008)|
|Wednesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (023-1009)|
|17 Oct 18 - 31 Oct 18||Lecture||Wednesday||08:30 - 10:30||Mt Albert (023-1009)|
|Wednesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (023-1008)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Creative Enterprise, Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies), Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), Graduate Diploma in Creative Enterprise.