- 15 (0.125 EFTS)
- To enable students to explore the various ways that communication functions in both social and personal relationships. Students will be able to analyse a range of relational contexts including friendship, marriage and family relationships, and the workplace.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Restriction: COMM6432. Pre-requisite: Any other Level 5 course from a degree at Unitec.
- Topics include:
Elements of interpersonal communication Messages and meaning
Verbal and nonverbal communication
Emotions and messages
Intercultural communication practice The impact on interpersonal communication of power
Conflict, friendship and love
Interpersonal communication in primary relationships
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|26 Feb 18 - 9 Apr 18||Lecture||Monday||12:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (112-4009)|
|30 Apr 18 - 4 Jun 18||Lecture||Monday||12:30 - 16:30||Mt Albert (112-4009)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of Bachelor of Communication (Event Management), Bachelor of Communication (Media Studies), Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations).