- Current students
- Under 25s
Now, more than ever, organisations are faced with unprecedented challenges and new opportunities. If businesses are to remain profitable and at the top of their game, they need a contemporary workforce that can negotiate change and disruption with agility and resilience.
This Master’s programme has been designed to enable recent business graduates (or those with relevant work experience) to gain highly specialised knowledge and contemporary skills in their chosen area of specialisation.
When you graduate, you’ll be ready to enter the local and international workforce in a wide range of leadership and management positions, or further your existing career as a capable and responsible business professional.
One Time Offer – 50% off Tuition Fees!
We’re giving you the opportunity to upskill in 2021 by hugely discounting our tuition fee for this programme.
To take advantage of this special offer, you must complete all of the following by Friday, 19 February 2021:
- apply for your chosen programme; and
- provide all required documents; and
- meet eligibility; and
- accept Offer of Place.
The discount will be applied to your fees invoice on enrolment. Please see our full terms and conditions here.
- Acquire and update your business capabilities. No prior experience in business is required.
- Applied learning. Utilise case studies and projects to apply theory and skills to real-world situations.
- Blended course delivery. Learn in a variety of different ways from facilitated workshops and interactive lectures to online learning, presentations and discussions, and self-directed learning.
- Boost your earning potential. New skills and technical knowledge will allow you to move up the ranks within an organisation.
- Do an internship (elective course). Undertake a workplace project relevant to your specialisation.
- Flexible timetable. Weekday classes with online delivery options to support your learning.
- Industry connections. Benefit from applied learning and collaborate with industry stakeholders in addition to the necessary theoretical learning.
- Progress your knowledge and skills. Develop the business acumen and strategic skills you need to perform well at the highest levels within an organisation.
- Research project. Undertake research in an area of business that interests you. Research supervisors are highly qualified staff with strong links to the business community.
- Small classes. Facilitated by expert lecturers with strong industry connections and experience.
The Master of Applied Business (MAB) is an 18-month, 180-credit programme studied over 3 semesters with a focus on real-world learning informed by contemporary business research.
The programme is made up of 3 core compulsory courses at Level 8, 3 specialisation courses at Level 8, 2 elective courses at Level 8 and a 45-credit research project at Level 9.
The core compulsory courses explore fundamental aspects of business and management including Strategic Thinking, Design Thinking for Business, and Digital Transformation. The elective courses give you a chance to develop advanced knowledge and skills in a different area of interest that will complement your studies i.e. Te Ao Pakihi Māori (The World of Māori Business).
Our specialisations reflect current industry practice and areas of high demand for employment and include:
When leveraged effectively, business analytics can be used to solve business problems, predict market trends, and increase efficiency, productivity, and revenue. In this specialisation, you’ll be introduced to the fundamental principles of data science and the techniques and tools of managing and using data in decision-making. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of concepts, procedures and computing techniques for enterprise data mining with applications to different industries and explore storytelling in data analytics for improving organisational outcomes.
Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience at the right time and in the right place. In today’s business world, that place is online. In this specialisation, you’ll gain practical experience in developing inbound marketing and online advertising campaigns for an organisation. You’ll also learn how to use and analyse web data to optimise digital marketing tactics and support organisational decision-making.
Additional industry certifications you may be able to achieve include:
- Industry Certification in Inbound Marketing
- Industry Certification in Online Advertising
- Industry Certification in Web Analytics
Leadership may not be a one size fits all, but the fundamentals remain the same. Strong business leadership drives organisational performance by creating an environment that inspires employees to do their best. In this specialisation, you’ll examine the practical skills and knowledge required to successfully lead and manage change, critically evaluate the skills, knowledge and abilities of effective leadership from a diverse range of cultural approaches, and learn how to build an inclusive culture that enhances employee and organisational performance.
Supply Chain & Logistics
Supply chain and logistics management is critical to business performance and customer satisfaction. This specialisation focuses on applying theoretical principles and analytical techniques to optimise and improve supply chain, distribution logistics and warehouse operations. This includes a group project where you’ll develop procurement strategy, policies and processes to improve an organisation’s supply chain, and using real-world business problems, gain a better understanding of warehousing and distribution operations.
Effective HR management helps bridge the gap between employee performance and an organisation’s strategic objectives. This specialisation focuses on data-driven people practices; how to implement modern HR practices that create cutting-edge employee experiences in the workplace, the application of technology to analyse employee data to improve performance, and what causes an organisation’s culture to develop and how to build an inclusive culture that enhances employee and organisational performance.
For this programme, you’ll need:
For applicants 20 years or older
- Provide sufficient evidence of aptitude or appropriate work or other life experience that would indicate a successful outcome in the qualification.
For applicants 16 years to under 20 years
- A recognised Bachelor’s degree (or higher) with merit achievement deemed to be a grade average of B- or higher; or
- A professional qualification in a relevant discipline, recognised as being equivalent to merit achievement in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirements
- 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
- If English is not your first language, you’ll need one or more of the following:
- Achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University Entrance
- Provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
If you don’t meet the English criteria above, we have a range of English Language programmes available.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.