This programme is designed for people who need a broad, generalist understanding of Information Systems, equipping learners with the core IT skills and technical skills and knowledge to meet the needs of a range of Information Systems roles. Develop an understanding of how to provide administration and ongoing support of IT infrastructure in a range of organisations.
- Gain essential knowledge of computing to assist a business
- Practical hands-on learning experience in our collaborative learning spaces
- Learn about user experience, human computer interaction and user interface design to inform systems design.
- Learn about fundamentals of IT technical support concepts and gain practical experience to manage hardware and software resources.
- Gain personal and interpersonal skills to enhance effectiveness in an IT role.
- You can cross-credit up to 120 credits towards Bachelor of Computing Systems.
Diploma in Information and Technology Support programme has been replaced with this new and improved New Zealand Diploma in Information Systems (Level 5).
For this programme, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 14 credits at NCEA level 2 in ICT_related subjects
- A minimum of 10 credits at NECA level 1 in literacy and 10 credits at NCEA level 1 in numeracy,
- Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins,
- If English is not your first language, you are required to have one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don’t have NCEA? We also accept:
- A relevant qualification at Level 3 on the NZQF or above or an equivalent qualification; or
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.