- 7.5 (0.063 EFTS)
- This course examines the basic biology, structure and function of companion animals as it relates to their day-to-day care.
- Pre-requisites / Co-requisites:
- Students must be admitted to the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care programme to enrol in this course. Students must enrol in both NSCI3785-SA & NSCI3785-SB to complete the course..
- Topics include:
Building blocks of the animal body
Cell structure and function; tissues; organs; organ systems; metabolism and homeostasis.
Structure and function of animal body systems
may include a representative selection of these organs systems, lymphatic, skeletal, muscular,
cardio-vascular; respiratory; digestive; reproductive; urinary; integumentary; endocrine; nervous systems; special senses.
bacteria, hygiene, infection control, health and safety, PPE. Basic literacy skills for learning in an academic environment
Blackboard Collaborate; writing reports; referencing; studying; language of biology; terminology brought to life; literacy assessment.
- Choose your class for this course from the option(s) below. You will need to attend all the sessions in that class to complete the course. Where more than one class number is shown, choose one of them and attend all sessions within that class number. (Note: If a class is held in different locations at the same time, you only need to attend all the sessions in one of the locations.)
- There are no classes on public holidays.
You need to attend all sessions of this class as listed below.
|From – To||Session||Day||Time||Campus (Room)|
|17 Apr 18 - 17 Apr 18||Lecture||Tuesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (114-3007)|
|Tuesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (114-3015)|
|Tuesday||10:30 - 12:30||Mt Albert (182-2002)|
|18 Apr 18 - 18 Apr 18||Lecture||Wednesday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (182-2002)|
|Wednesday||15:30 - 17:30||Mt Albert (114-3007)|
|Wednesday||15:30 - 17:30||Mt Albert (114-3015)|
|20 Apr 18 - 20 Apr 18||Lecture||Friday||13:00 - 15:00||Mt Albert (182-2002)|
|Friday||15:30 - 17:30||Mt Albert (114-3007)|
|Friday||15:30 - 17:30||Mt Albert (114-3015)|
- Note: This course is offered as part of New Zealand Certificate in Animal Care (Companion Animal).