- Current students
The knowledge you gain from this programme will help you work towards a professional accounting body membership and improve your accounting technical skills and knowledge. You can choose your area of study from financial and management accounting, auditing, taxation, business finance or risk management, and take your career to the next level.
- Develop technical accounting skills and knowledge to an advanced level.
- Work toward the academic requirements for professional body membership such as CA ANZ and CPA Australia.
- A focus on application of technical skills for business practice.
- Flexible study options - day clases and night classes available.
Professional body membership
This programme enables you to work towards achieving the academic requirements for professional body membership (CA ANZ, CPA Australia). To reach this goal, you will need to ensure you carefully select the courses required for the relevant professional body's membership.
To find out more about professional body membership visit:
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A recognised degree, a professional qualification in a relevant discipline or the ability to demonstrate competencies equivalent to the above
2. A minimum of 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
3. If English is your second language, you will need one or more of the following:
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- Be able to provide evidence you satisfy our criteria for existing English proficiency
- Have achieved at least one English proficiency outcome in the last two years
Don't meet the requirements? We also accept:
- Provide sufficient evidence to be eligible for special or discretionary admission.
For more information download the programme regulations:
Courses and timetables
For more details on the courses including timetables, please click on the course names below.
|Advanced Financial Accounting (ACTY7201)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to critically examine accounting theories, current financial accounting issues and apply advanced financial accounting techniques.|
|Advanced Auditing (ACTY7209)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To provide students with an understanding of the role and practice of external auditing of financial statements.|
|Advanced Management Accounting (ACTY7212)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To enable students to critically evaluate those management accounting techniques that contribute to business strategy and enhance organisational performance.|
|Financial Statement Analysis (ACTY7292)||15 credits (0.125 EFTS)||To provide students with advanced analytical skills in using a company’s financial statements to understand its past, present and future performance and assess its current value.|