Now open for applications.
If you're ready to enter into a work or apprenticeship arrangement with an employer, you can further your understanding of automotive electrical engineering with this New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Electrical Engineering. You'll find out more about safe and effective diagnosis and repair of electrical and electronics faults in a range of vehicles.
As a graduate of this qualification you will be able to:
- Diagnose, repair, and replace sensors and actuators, control units and associated wiring and communication networks
- Use specialist tools and electrical component diagrams to locate, repair and replace wiring looms
- Design, build, install, test and modify a range of electrical systems, electrical accessory systems and communication systems
- Learn and work in Mataaho, our brand new building, purpose built for all trades. This includes multiple workshop spaces, as well as the Giltrap Volkswagen sponsored lab with the latest emulation and simulation technologies
- Improved job prospects: This programme is nationally developed and recognised
- We assist you with employment relationships: This means we work with your employer to recognise the work you do on site that contributes to your qualification
- Support and mentoring for students and employers throughout your study
The New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Level 3) is a prerequisite for this Level 4 programme.
Once you’ve successfully completed this programme you’ll have successfully completed your apprenticeship and receive the Level 4 qualification: New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Electrical Engineering. From here you will be able to work as a qualified Automotive Electrical Engineer.
Note: this programme is pending NZQA approval.
How do I gain my qualification?
For this programme, you need one of the following:
1. Completed the New Zealand Certificate in Automotive Engineering (Level 3)
2. OR demonstrate the equivalent skills and experience
Pending NZQA approval.
Courses and timetables
All courses and timetables for 2018 will be available shortly.