- Current students
- Under 25s
Research and Enterprise at Unitec focuses on opportunities, challenges and problems brought to us by businesses, entrepreneurs, community groups, central and local government agencies, teachers, students, iwi and hapū. Our strengths lie in our applied and practical focus, our mixture of programmes involving research and enterprise at postgraduate and undergraduate levels, and our strong relationships with community and industry, led by staff.
We want to work with you to achieve your goals. We can help you to access the expertise of our researchers, product developers and subject matter experts and to identify sources of funding for whatever it is you want to achieve.
Unitec’s research covers a wide variety of subjects and addresses practical problems.
Whether you want to:
- Improve outcomes for the environment, the community, your iwi or hapū;
- Undertake research using a particular type of methodology, such as kaupapa Māori research, action research, quantitative or qualitative research;
- Conduct a strengths or needs analysis to identify your organisation’s strengths and assets, or to identify needs or gaps in services;
- Evaluate how you could improve your services, or reach new clients;
- Conduct an environmental scan to see what is happening locally, nationally or internationally in the field you are interested in.
Contact Brenda Massey to find out more about developing projects with Unitec and finding funding for them.
Project funding case studies
Industry scholarship case study
Vein Pattern Extraction for Forensic Investigation
The aim of this project is to develop a novel image processing and machine learning technology that uncovers the vein patterns of subjects from normal digital images.
Student: Soheil Varasteh Pour
Supervisor: Dr Hamid Sharifzadeh