- Current students
We offer four different courses from beginner to full immersion. Give it a go. Kōrero mai! Take a look at the links below to find out when the next term starts and class numbers.
- Te reo Māori – Tahi (beginner)
This course provides an introduction to basic personal introduction, mihimihi, karakia, waiata, to the basic language structures and vocabulary at a communicative level. It reinforces vowel, consonants, diphthongs, blends and correct pronunciation of Māori words and much more.
- Te reo Māori – Rua (intermediate)
This course offers an extension to Reo Tahi or for learners with a basic understanding of language knowledge with punctuation, syntax, past and present and future tense, pepeha, whakapapa and much more.
- Te reo Māori – Toru (advanced)
This course is a further extension again of language acquisition and cultural awareness. This includes being supported to be able to converse comfortably, with a focus on sentences and oral conversations in class and much more.
- Te reo Māori – Whā (full immersion)
At this advanced level, you will contribute to classroom discussions, sing appropriate mōteatea and recite karakia for different settings (course runs subject to numbers).
Monday, Tuesday or Wednesdays for 10 weeks, attendance of one-night class a week. Waitākere classes operate on Tuesday nights only.
- Public holidays are observed during each term, there will be no classes held on those evenings and your term will be reduced accordingly.
- There is an 80% attendance policy, failure to meet these requirements is an automatic withdrawal (eight out of the ten classes need to be attended).
6pm - 9pm
Mt Albert Campus
Domestic Fee - FREE TUITION. To be eligible for free tuition you must provide a certifed copy of your birth certificate, passport (New Zealand or overseas with residency documents) or citizenship certificate.
International Fee - These short courses are currently unavailable for International Students to enrol in, please check back later to see if and when this changes.
How to apply
To apply for any of these courses, you are required to be the age of 18 years or older. You can apply online through our online enrolment portal.
You must receive an enrolment confirmation in order to attend classes. If you are unsure whether you have been enrolled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment Closing Dates
Make sure to enrol before the enrolment closing date.
- Term 1 - Friday 25 January, 2019
- Term 2 - Friday 20 April, 2019
- Term 3 - Friday 12 July, 2019
- Term 4 - Friday 27 September, 2019
|Location||Building 171 (Puukenga), Mt Albert Campus|
|Hours||Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm|
|Phone||+ 64 9 892 8695|
|Fax||+64 9 815 4328|
|Kura Pō Co-ordinator||Kiri Neho
Check out our student feedback here.