These FREE evening short courses provide an introduction to Te Reo Māori from beginner to advanced levels. Ahakoa ko wai, no hea koe, ko tēnei te wā! No matter who you are or where you're from, this is the time to immerse yourself in the richness of te Ao Māori world.
They include pronunciation, basic greetings, common phrases, waiata Māori (Māori songs) and the use of te reo in everyday situations, including the workplace. Give it a go. Kōrero mai!
- Te reo Māori – Tahi (beginner)
- Te reo Māori – Rua (intermediate)
- Te reo Māori – Toru (advanced)
- Te reo Māori – Whā (full immersion)
You can view current course dates below
Duration: Monday - Wednesday 10 weeks, attendance of one-night class a week. Waitākere classes operate on Tuesday nights only.
Times: 6pm - 9pm
Mt Albert Campus
- Public holidays are observed during each term, there will be no classes held on those evenings and your term will be reduced accordingly.
- There is an 80% attendance policy, failure to meet these requirements is an automatic withdrawal (eight out of the ten classes need to be attended).
Domestic Fees: FREE TUITION. To be eligible for free tuition you must provide a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport (New Zealand or overseas with residency documents) or citizenship certificate.
International Fees: Course fee $245.34 (this fee is subject to change without notice).
How to apply
You can apply online through our online enrolment website.
Enrolment Closing Dates
Make sure to enrol before the enrolment closing date.
- Term 4 - Friday 28 September, 2018
- Term 1 - Friday 25 January, 2019
- Term 2 - Friday 20 April, 2019
- Term 3 - Friday 12 July, 2019
- Term 4 - Friday 27 September, 2019
|Location||Building 171 (Puukenga), Mt Albert Campus|
|Hours||Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm|
|Phone||+ 64 9 892 8695|
|Fax||+64 9 815 4328|
|Kura Pō Co-ordinator||Kiri Neho|
Check out our student feedback here.