- Current students
Unitec provides homestay options . If you have never been to New Zealand, staying with a homestay family can be beneficial. You can ask cultural questions, partake in family activities, enjoy locally made home cooking, and what's more, you will really get to live like a local. Unitec strongly recommends this option for at least your first 3 months until you have settled in the country, so that you feel comfortable moving about.
If you don't have family or friends in Auckland to stay with, you can arrange temporary accommodation before you arrive and look for a longer-term place once you get here. Check the following options:
- Unistay - situated by the Pt Chevalier shopping centre, Unistay is a totally renovated, historic building with 26 fully furnished rooms.
- Auckland Accommodation Group - the Dossah and KDV properties are within a few minutes of Unitec, convenient to a shopping mall and public transport, and they have both short and long-term accommodation.
- Hostel World - a variety of hostel accommodation across Auckland which you can book and pay for before you arrive in Auckland.
- Mt Albert Lodge - this motel is a 5-minute walk from Unitec.
- Mt Albert Motor Inn - this motel is about 20 minutes walk from Unitec.
Suburbs that are close to Unitec are Mt Albert, Mt Roskill, Sandringham, St Lukes, Point Chevalier, City Centre, New Lynn and Avondale.