- Current students
This course is ideal for anyone requiring a Level 2 First-Aid certificate, including those who have applied for any Unitec programme that requires a first-aid certificate as part of its admission requirements:
- Competency Assessment Programme – Internationally Qualified Nurses
- Competency Assessment Programme – Return to Nursing
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Health Science (Medical Imaging)
Please note: The First Aid course includes CPR, however the CPR component can also be taken separately for those who simply need to re-sit this section. Information about both options (First Aid & CPR, or just CPR) is listed below.
First Aid & CPR - topics covered
- Fractures and Dislocation
- Soft Tissue Injury
- The Recovery Position
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Principles, Practices and Intervention of First Aid
- Health Promotion
- Safety and Prevention of Accidents
|November||16 & 23||Waitākere campus, Building 510 - Room 3045||9am - 4pm|
- Unitec staff and domestic students - $90 (incl GST)
- Unitec international students and the general public - $135 (incl GST)
- Businesses - $170 (incl GST)
CPR update (2 hours)
This course is only open to Unitec students and staff.
|November||16||Waitākere campus, Building 510 - Room 3040||9am - 12pm|
- $50 (incl GST)
You are required to attend both days and demonstrate successful cardiopulmonary resuscitation on a mannequin before receiving a First Aid Certificate. First Aid Certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue. The course is open to anyone aged 15 years or over wishing to obtain a First Aid Certificate.
How to apply
To apply for the First Aid Workshop complete the First Aid booking form and pay online with your credit or debit card.
To apply for the CPR Update complete the CPR Update booking form and pay online with your credit or debit card.
Applications close 10 days prior to the start of each course intake.
For more information on short courses please contact Student Central on email@example.com or 0800 10 95 10 or +64 9 8154321.
All fees include GST. If there are insufficient numbers registered for a course, Unitec reserves the right to postpone or cancel.